Re: gEDA-user: pcb, how to remove mm garbage (very short lines)?

On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 22:02 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 09:50 -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
>
> > The optimizer should never turn a good board into a bad board, that's
> > always a bug.  The logic in the optimizer isn't that simple, though,
> > so fixing said bugs may be tricky.  Sample boards (and/or patches ;)
> > welcome.
>
> Not sure if this is a bug or feature, but I dislike the way it adds
> short line-segments when a track doesn't end on the pad.
>
> I've not been able to get a simple test case to reproduce the bug where
> the track changed angle, however you'll see one annoyance here.

Ok, here's a fragment of the board I first noticed the problem on. Press
"=" to optimise it, and you'll see lots of runt segments appear, then
the verticals start to be bent of of whack (violating DRC rules).

The case could probably be made smaller, but I've left the multiple
channels partly out of laziness, partly because I thought it looked
neat ;).

Regards,
--
Peter Clifton