Re: gEDA-user: bugs, warts and feature requests

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 08:48:52 -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

>> 11) pcb feature request: Remember the position of ripped off menus
>> across sessions.
>
> If you mean lesstif, I asked, this can't be done.  To implement this I'd
> have to completely reimplement the tear-off feature myself.

I mean GTK.

>> 12) pcb usability request: A simple way to detect the net of a copper
>> object. (Currently, I use the line tool and pretend to draw a track)
>
> What do you mean?  The 'f' key finds the whole net, and the 'r' key
> tells you the name and length of the net.  What else are you asking for?

'r' does not work over here. On key press I get
	keysym 114 (0x72) has not been defined
in the log window. Is this a lesstif-only feature?

>> 20) pcb usability request: ESC while in Line tool mode should end
>> drawing and return to the state before starting the track.(like
>> inkscape)
>
> Er... it does.  How does what it does differ from what you expect?

It stops drawing, but leaves the track segments already drawn. I'd expect
to return to the state before starting the track, that is, before the
first track segment was drawn. In other words, escape should be a way to
undo drawing the current track.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211