Re: gEDA-user: PCB to G-CODE export GUI

On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 08:54 +0100, Alberto Maccioni wrote:
> Hello,
> here is the code; it has to stay in the src/hid directory; I also
> attached the Makefile.am and .im.
> The exporter is based on the nelma and png gui (from 20091103
> snapshot), and it basically prints every copper layer before sending
> it to a tracing algorithm.

Doing it as a bitmap is basically how the OpenGL HID solves a similar
problem - ie.. not drawing overlapping translucent geometry.

For export, I guess that means you need a pretty high-resolution image
to trace - otherwise you loose output precision.

It wouldn't be "that" hard to get the contours using PCB's polygon
routines, but that doesn't solve the need to offset your GCODE path
inside our outside the outlines.

Off the top of my head.. I don't know how to do that. I guess potrace
takes care of it for you - in that it can only trace so close to your
outline given the particular "pen" size of your router.

Best wishes,

Peter C.