Re: gEDA-user: Feature Request Status-Terminal instead of dialogue and info boxes

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 19:24:48 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 18:35 +0000, Ineiev wrote:
>> On 11/17/09, Peter Clifton
>> <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
func=detail&aid=2779826&group_id=73743&atid=538813

>> > Can you attach a screen-shot of it in use (or put one up somewhere)..
>> > I've not got the time to build fetch and build with the patch, but
>> > I'm interested to see what is being discussed.
>>
>> http://ineiev.users.sourceforge.net/pcb/graph/info.view.png
>>
>> > Does it work with the recent graphical DRC view?
>>
>> Yes, as you can see, it does, it was written for it.

Mainly it was written for keeping all in one window and the log content
available even if the log will be closed.

>> The new view has two tabs --- for DRC errors and for messages, there
>> are also small buttons above it to `detach' it (it becomes a distinct
>> window), close, clear logs and so on.
>
> Neat.. (I think I might have seen a similar screen-shot before, but
> perhaps not of the DRC part).

With the 'part list'-view:
http://www.seul.org/pipermail/geda-user/2009-October/021205.html

First one shows the attached view and the second the view as a separate
window.

> IMO, the best solution would be to grab the code of the "GDL" library
> (docking library), and figure out how to use that to make various pieces
> of the GTK HID PCB GUI dockable.

Ok, I'll take a closer look at it.

> I already tried it in fact.. with the layer stack and tool-bar.
> Unfortunately - the GDL library (whilst probably the best out there), is
> really poorly documented. I gave up getting it to work, since there is
> no simple overview of how it is _supposed to work_.

Yes there is no usefull documentation/manual but some open source :)
projects use it!

Frank Bergmann