Re: gEDA-user: Feature Request Status-Terminal instead of dialogue and info boxes

On 11/18/09, Frank Bergmann <frank.geda@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 19:24:48 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 18:35 +0000, Ineiev wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, as you can see, it does, it was written for it.
>
> Mainly it was written for keeping all in one window and the log content
> available even if the log will be closed.

I'm sorry, I expressed wrong. I should have say it's greatest advantage
for me was that it made GTK DRC usable again with my window manager.

>> IMO, the best solution would be to grab the code of the "GDL" library
>> (docking library), and figure out how to use that to make various pieces
>> of the GTK HID PCB GUI dockable.
>
> Ok, I'll take a closer look at it.

Actually, the existing patch does work for me. I have no strong feeling
it would be more convenient if PCB had other pieces detachable; probably
because I have no experience of using programs with this feature implemented.

Just my two kopeeks,
Ineiev