Re: gEDA-user: How to deal with single/dual parts?

Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:

> The two other EDA suites I worked (eagle and protel) with maintain the
> notion of a "component" that contains all the info. In a way, this is a
> very heavy symbol that knows about slots, possible footprints and which
> schematic symbols are necessary to represent a complete component.

They carry the symbol along with the component though, right?  So if the
system doesn't know about a component in advance, it won't offer you a
symbol.

That's not what I want.  I want the concepts of symbols and components
to be completely separate, tied together only by meta-information that
says "this circuit can be represented by this symbol", and "this
component contains these circuits".

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff