Re: gEDA-user: How to deal with single/dual parts?

Henry Von Bank wrote:
>    What I would propose would be to leave the slotting behavior alone for
>    the time being (option a), but hopefully mark it for deprecation in
>    some future version, as it can be confusing and is not well defined.

We could actually leave it alone almost indefinitely, because if the
symbol doesn't do anything with slotting then the gaf tools don't care.
And the symbols I envision wouldn't do anything with slotting.

In fact, most of what I've been brainstorming on could be achieved with
the existing tools as-is, plus some plugins and scripts.  The future
work would be to take the concept and make it less user-input-intensive,
like have gschem show pin numbers and reference designators on some
versions of the schematic, even though that information is not really
part of a schematic as I define them.

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff