Re: gEDA-user: How to deal with single/dual parts?

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 16:51:49 -0700, John Doty <jpd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The bottom line question for the core developers is:
>
> What prevents us from writing a file of Guile functions and adding a
> line to gafrc to load it and get this functionality?

The gschem/libgeda Scheme API:

- Is completely inconsistent in naming and calling pattern.

- Has no useful documentation.

- Lacks the ability to do meaningful manipulation of schematics/symbols.

- Fails dismally at coping with having multiple schematics/symbols open at
once.

- Barely deserves to be described as an "API".

You asked.

Of course, if you want to be able to do what you described, I'm quite happy
to take a 6-month sabbatical and make it possible -- you'll just have to
pay me. [1]

Peter

[1] I'm a grad student, and my time is relatively inexpensive.

--
Peter Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Remote Sensing Research Group