Re: gEDA-user: How to deal with single/dual parts?

Dan McMahill wrote:
> and this is exactly why the small library I have defines the component
> in a simple ascii database and then awk reads that data and combines a
> symbol template with a footprint and produces a .sym file that has the
> footprint set along with the pin out.  Wouldn't be too terribly hard to
> do something similar for a different flow.

Yea, but I like the idea of having gschem do that merging on-the-fly if
possible.  That way, if I want a better NAND symbol then I don't have to
repeat some kind of build process to generate the derivative, heavy
symbol--- and I don't have the configuration management headache of
tools depending on downstream build products rather than the upstream
sources themselves.

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff