Re: gEDA-user: [PCB] Selection of objects

On 11/24/09, Torsten Wagner <torsten.wagner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Oh really, lets see I just need to find out about the PCB-development
> principles....

No need; I think it would be too long --- probably several years;
personally, your humble servant knows very little about it; also,
you actually don't need to care about other people's principles
when writing your local patches.

> Need to get familiar with the programming language of choice....

Which is C.

> Create the desired functions....

Just edit the existing ones; and in this particular case it is not
that hard IMO.

> Patch a recent git...

But I thought you are somewhat familiar with git.

> Debug...debug...debug...debug...

This is what we are doing with all programs we use, isn't it?
AFAIK, PCB has never had any `stable' release.

> Submit the patches....

Easier than write your recent post.

> Sound easy right... :)
>
> Maybe I will post something... maybe... someday...

You are welcome; my point was that this is probably
one the one of most natural ways in this case.

Kind regards,
Ineiev