Re: gEDA-user: a different approach to 3D modeling

Hi:

El 19/11/10 23:07, Colin D Bennett escribió:
On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 15:24:05 -0500
Patrick Doyle<wpdster@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Peter Clifton<pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 17:43 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
Perhaps it ranks as "nice to have", especially if there is some
good modelling software which only makes that format.

By which I mean Google Sketchup, of course.. I've not used it
myself, as it dies under Wine for me (setting up GL), but
apparently it is good. Unfortunately only the "Pro" (pay-for)
version supports export to VRML.

So then why not use COLLADA and blender?  (I'm not trying to push for
this, or to pick a fight, I'm just curious and trying to learn
something totally new to me.)

It has to be mentioned that Blender is free and open source but Google
Sketchup is not.

And runs on non x86 platforms. Sketchup, and wine, doesn't.

Please remember non x86 platforms (like PowerPC users how me) in yours decisions, there are solutions that aren't fully compatible in others platforms.

Regards,
Colin

Best regards.

Salud y Revolución.

Lobo.
--
Libertad es poder elegir en cualquier momento. Ahora yo elijo GNU/Linux,
para no atar mis manos con las cadenas del soft propietario.