Re: gEDA-user: a different approach to 3D modeling

On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 15:24 -0500, Patrick Doyle wrote:
> So then why not use COLLADA and blender?  (I'm not trying to push for
> this, or to pick a fight, I'm just curious and trying to learn
> something totally new to me.)

1. KiCad
2. VRML is easier to implement perhaps?
3. Blender can also save VRML (+lots of other formats)

I'm trying to design the data-structures with both VRML, Collada and
additional internally generated models in mind.

I've got a Collada file open right now. It is completely understandable,
but will probably take a bit more work extracting data from it reliably
as there is a lot more referencing which is done by name within the DOM,
rather than implied by the structure of the file.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,