Re: gEDA-user: Re: free Xilinx compiler

In fairness to xilinx their non-free tools run natively on linux, solaris and windows

Steve M.

Charles Lepple wrote:

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 21:16:20 +0200 (CEST), Tomasz Motylewski
<t.motylewski@bfad.de> wrote:

Karel Kulhav� wrote:

Free as no cost required to _run_ the thing. I. e., a tool that costs 0
to download and runs on Windows only that cost $$$ a licence is of
no interest for me.

You may try do download it (webpack) and then run under wine.

According to Xilinx, this is their way of "supporting" Linux.

However, it can be made to work.

It would be an interesting project to come up
with Makefile doing .v -> ... -> .bit

I think I have a Makefile like that at home. I'll check.