Re: gEDA-user: Symbol embedding by default - with case studies

DJ Delorie wrote:
>> This would be very convenient. As long as the contractor has gschem
>> s/he can immediately use the schematic. No utilities. No
>> configuration files.  Just one .sch file and you are done.
>
> You can get the same results with "just one .tar file" if "."  is
> assumed to be in the search paths.

Yes, and I like the way it preserves the UNIX files and dirs structure
so one can do text processing easily with shell scripts.  I would like such a function
to remain a shell script or a command line function callable as in, "gschem --collect-project > project-x.proj" and not be
Window-ized.

John Griessen
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX
tinyOS devel on:  ubuntu Linux;   tinyOS v2.0.2;   telosb ecosens1