Re: gEDA-user: pcb flip-sides

  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^____(*)
> orientation.

* For rendering, the latest PCB+GL code doesn't even use (all) the
core's drawing routines.. so in that case, the core doesn't need to know
the stack-up or back/front view. The stack-up is only needed for
exporters, (Also, DRC + Library still also use the core routines).

I guess the real reason the core needs to know the stackup is because it
affects how polygons are cleared etc..

The 3D view, for example - will always draw in its best guess of the
physical layer stack (I know I've got this wrong in some cases though!)

The core doesn't need to know, but I'll concede that the GUI (even the
GL one), can probably deal with a flip-x and flip-y command.

With the 3D view, it won't necessarily be "quite" what you expect, but I
could imagine it adjusting the current view by 180 degrees about "the
relevant" axis.

Perhaps we can define a gui->showside() or gui->swapside() API of some
kind which allows those GUIs / HIDs which understand these simple
orientations to have a common interface to achieve it.