Re: gEDA-user: pcb flip-sides

The whole problem of "physical stack" is something we're working on
separately.  I think we've agreed that the physical stack is
determined by the layer *group* order, from the "component" group
through the "solder" group.  This breaks when you have copper outside
those two, like "component, solder, signal1, signal2" but oh well.

The second thing the core needs to know is the editing stacking order
- the order in which the user has selected to view the layers, and the
priority order that it uses for selecting things you click on (like
traces).  The core needs to know which of the seven traces you just
clicked on is the one you meant, and to do that, it needs to know
what's "on top" visually.

What the core does NOT need to know is the rotational orientation of
the board on the screen, or the scale - it only needs to know relative
distance from the viewer, so it can figure out what a mouse click does
and what order to draw things in.