Re: gEDA-user: multiple monitors

On 10/01/2010 04:56 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:

May it be good to have multiple active working windows for PCB/gschem,

I eventually would like to have a mode where a specified monitor is
"taken over" as a PCB editing window (i.e. full-screen view), and the
regular main window (which would be on some other monitor) becomes a
giant panner tool.

That's a nice idea.  I'd also like a feature where besides just panning, you could define
views that stay around.  They'd show as zones on the whole design view, and selecting them
would open the pcb work view window on that area of interest.  A way to do a UI for that
might be to pan when you click outside one of the defined views, zoom to a
defined view when you click inside it, and mov ethe defined view when you click and
drag on it.

John