Re: gEDA-user: coordinate systems

Markus Hitter <mah@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Am 17.10.2010 um 17:16 schrieb Levente Kovacs:
>
>> I think that is why X11 has its coordinate system as is; and that is
>> why PCB developers went that way. But a CAD tool is not about CRT
>> display or image processing. I think we should change it; it looks
>> very awkward for a new user, who doesn't know the story.
>
> Being a new gEDA user and fairly experienced with other CAD
> applications I can tell I couldn't care less. If one ever has to
> enter or read coordinates manually, there's something incomplete or
> wrong with the GUI.

With gEDA, we do not use GUIs, we enter the schematics and the layout in
emacs ...

... at least parts of it, sometimes.

Stephan

> another EUR 0.02 :-)
> Markus

> Dipl. Ing. (FH) Markus Hitter
> http://www.jump-ing.de/

Stephan BÃttcher                     FAX: +49-431-880-3968
Extraterrestrische Physik            Tel: +49-431-880-2508
I.f.Exp.u.Angew.Physik               mailto:boettcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Leibnizstr. 11, 24118 Kiel, Germany