Re: gEDA-user: How to connect pads to anything?

Markus Hitter wrote:

> http://github.com/Traumflug/Generation_7_Electronics

Somehow your layer stack got whacky. None of the actual layers are on
the "solder_side" or on the "component_side". These sides denote the
top copper layer and the bottom copper layer. Pins are ok with this.
But SMD-Pads like your solder jumper for some reason are ignored when
not on solder or component side.

I'd expect the gerbers to be broken, too. Top and bottom layer would be
empty. A good fab might still make sense of the gerbers, and collect
information from the other files. Anyway, it would be better to fix the
issue:

Go to
	file -> Preferences -> Layers -> Groups
Click on the "02" in the row "solder side and on "01 in the row
"Component side".

---<)kaimartin(>---

PS: The annulus of many pins on your layout is pretty small (~10 mil).
While the fab will happily produce this, such thin rings make it harder
to solder manually. Because of this, I tend to make the rings as large
as the rules allow.
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Öffentlicher PGP-Schlüssel: