Re: gEDA-user: gschem guile scripting

> > Why, i wanted to create some scheme script to be invoked from
> > gschem to show/hide pinnumbers on currently opened schematics, why
> > i would use gnetlist for that?
>
> For the same reason that you wouldn't want to use pliers as a
> hammer. gschem has very little knowledge of what the graphics
> *mean*. This is a very good thing, a key feature of gEDA's design,
> one that distinguishes it from all the fritterware out there.

When a user complains that they can't get their work done, the WRONG
answer is to tell them they're better off that way.

PCB's plugins can iterate through all the <foo> on the current board.
It's really useful, and something you'd expect a layout app to be able
to do.

Why shouldn't our schematic editor be able to iterate through all the
<foo> on the current schematic?