Re: gEDA-user: gschem guile scripting

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010, John Doty wrote:

> On Oct 31, 2010, at 10:18 AM, Maciej Pijanka wrote:

> >> It means you haven't defined ptest.
> >
> > Yes, but this is what i get when i created gnet-devel with gnet-ptest name, so i think i missed
> > something important, maybe it need also define procedure which name is derived from invoked backend
> > name that is called by gnetlist after processing schematics.
>
> Yes.

So i understand why simple test failed, but my problem this time isn't even near gnetlist for me.

> >> You seem to be trying to do a gnetlist task from within gschem. Don't do that. Use the right tool for the job.
> >
> > Why, i wanted to create some scheme script to be invoked from gschem to show/hide pinnumbers on currently opened
> > schematics, why i would use gnetlist for that?
>
> For the same reason that you wouldn't want to use pliers as a hammer. gschem has very little knowledge of what the graphics *mean*. This is a very good thing, a key feature of gEDA's design, one that distinguishes it from all the fritterware out there.

But i don't want app to *know* what it iterates, just to iterate over all items
and expose that possibility to scheme so i could skip entities containing
attribute graphical=1 and show pin numbers or any other attribute if it exist
on them, or hide them. Why command line tool used to extract/convert/process
schematics into not schematic would be best idea to just alter visibility of
pins or attributes for whole sheet at once, i just want to save time on click
on element, edit-attributes, enable visibility of one, and move cursor to next.

--
Maciej Pijanka
I don't fear computers, I fear lack of them -- Isaac Asimov