Re: gEDA-user: Final call for testers!

Charles Lepple wrote:

On 9/4/05, Colin Ager <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have been spending some time trying to get gerbv
working but even though I found an old copy of gtk-config(in my RH8
installation)which satisfied the startup check it still can't find GTK+
> 1.2.3 even though I have 1.2.10 and 2.0 installed and the demo works ok.

just having gtk-config won't help you compile if you don't have the developer headers and libraries installed. Look for gtk+-devel or a similarly named package (which will contain the proper version of gtk-config as well).

Hi Charles . Thanks for the reply.

I am somewhat confused by GTK. Sometimes it is "GTK", sometimes "gtk", sometimes "Gtk" sometimes "gtk+"and sometimes version names start as "gtk+-". I am not sure if these are all referring to the same thing! I seem to have both gtk 1.2 and 2.0 on my system and the add package system says that "gtk+- devel" is installed but doesn't indicate which version. Various header and C files are in "/usr/share/Gtk_1.2/gtk+-1.2.10/gtk" but there was originally no "gtk-config" file anywhere. I printed out the old gtk-config file and the nearest I can find is "gtk-config.in" which seems to have come with gtk+-1.2.10 and be based on the old version.

I believe the old gtk-config tells the compiler which cflags to use and which libraries are needed but I am afraid my current level of knowledge cannot sort out this mess :-(

Can you tell me a couple of file names that gerb needs to be able to compile so that I can check if they are present anywhere on the system?

Colin