Re: gEDA-user: GND and Vcc pin on IC 74245

I really like the idea of a virtual "gate" that has at least one of a devices power pins (Vcc would get one pin and Vdd a second pin) the other pins can be hidden nets. I like to have a page in my schematics for just the power and power filtering/decoupling. I would put all of these virtual gates on that page with the decoupling caps neted to them. I might even make "hidden nets" visible for easy reading.

I also like the idea of something more powerfull such that gnetlist could decide if such a virtual symbol was missing and generate an error. Also gnetlist should generate an error if the pins of the virtual device are unconnected to a net.

Well Ales what do you think? Can you have this completed by say Sunday at 3 pm? ;)

Steve Meier