Re: gEDA-user: Installing gEDA from 20050820 Suite CD on Fedora

Dave McGuire wrote:
On Sep 22, 2005, at 9:36 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:

Since GCC 4 can be installed in a private subdirectory on any machine,
my advice is to change the CVS head to require gcc 4 and make all the
gEDA developers upgrade.  Then, change the Makefiles to enable as many
-W options as you can.  Then add -Werror.  This probably isn't a
practical task, but it's the only advice I have.

Just please make sure the "-W<whatever" stuff is conditionalized upon the use of GCC, for those of us who don't have *any* release of GCC installed. =)

Right now gEDA and pcb both add -Wall conditionalized on the compiler being gcc.

-Dan