Re: gEDA-user: VeriWell now on SourceForge

Samuel A. Falvo II wrote:
On 9/26/05, Samuel A. Falvo II <sam.falvo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What we need isn't a Verilog simulator, what we need is a VHDL
simulator, and maybe even some means of using both Verilog and VHDL
together in a single design.

I see where some might get confused: I left out an important word. So, let me re-phrase my original statement:

What we need isn't ANOTHER Verilog simulator, what we need is a VHDL
simulator, and maybe even some means of using both Verilog and VHDL
together in a single design.

a) Isn't there ghdl and/or savant? I can't speak to the quality of either, but I was under the impression that they existed.

My intent was to point out that we (in the gEDA community) already
have Icarus, and is already very capable and sufficient for most
anything I can think of.

b) I'm not opposed to cooperative competition.

-- Steve Williams "The woods are lovely, dark and deep. steve at icarus.com But I have promises to keep, http://www.icarus.com and lines to code before I sleep, http://www.picturel.com And lines to code before I sleep."