Re: gEDA-user: Free Dog meeting report: Notes on the topics that should be avoided

On Sep 23, 2005, at 9:50 PM, Greg Cunningham wrote:
Or my DEC VT05? (VDU - 12 lines of 80 chars, uppercase only.)
I have a DECwriter II, but that's a bit young.

   Ok, now I'm seriously jealous, despite my rooms full of tasty DEC
goodness.  The oldest DEC terminal I have is a VT50.

Well, that brought some medals out of the cupboard... Good to know ther
is a bit of old mainframe metal still around.  Me? Not really, I was
only an addicted RF/TTL fault diagnostician 30 yrs ago. Tasmania didn't
have too many big-gun CPUs in the 70's (find that on Google Earth!).

Ahh, I'm a PDP-11 hacker from way back. I started out with CP/M on a Z80, but I "got serious" when I bought a PDP-11/34a as surplus from a university where I worked part-time after school. As a hobby I consider myself a bit of a historian of the history of our industry; I have a reasonably decent collection of PDP-8, PDP-11, and VAX stuff here, as well as some other goodies. I also dabble in antique scientific instruments.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire "You'll have to be a lot more specific than 'that
Cape Coral, FL girl last night.'" -Ted McFadden