Re: gEDA-user: Professional PCB help using geda?

DJ Delorie wrote:
> I think that a gEDA consulting thing could start small, though - doing
> layout for hobby boards and such.  Consider the small project, where
> the customer has come up with a schematic and knows which parts they
> want.  They could hire someone to create all the footprints, lay out a
> simple board (2- or 4-layer), and produce a BOM.
>
> It certainly adds another answer to the "how do I create footprints?"
> question ;-)

Yes, that is a good community promotion idea DJ.

> As for 10-layer boards and high speed signals,

Nahh... not until generational evolutionary changes are done...
probably when gschem and pcb are driven by brainwave pickup caps...
and/or by a collection of different personality encapsulating
Processing+artist coded front ends.

JOhn G
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX
tinyOS devel on:  ubuntu Linux;   tinyOS v2.0.2;   telosb ecosens1