Re: gEDA-user: Marketing gEDA - was - Re: Professional PCB help using geda?

andrewm wrote:
>  > DJ Delorie wrote:

>  > But first and foremost, everyone needs to realize
>  > that most of the developers are in it for their own
>  > personal benefit.
>
> DJ, so a slowly growing base is more preferable to a
> rapidly growing user base and I should not try
> encourage people to give gEDA a try on a wholesale
> level ?

"slowly growing base" is what is.  I contribute some -- but I'm getting
back plenty as I go, and it looks really slow.  That's what to expect,
not a "rollout".  gEDA isn't really a product.

I've been a gEDA user for 5+ years, and contributing for 3, and
am only just now starting to be able to make sense of the source code
any, and some of what I'm getting back is coding style training...

So, if I'm one in a hundred, we want to promote a lot and get more
pseudo developers/testers like me, and that will only be better for you
getting some to try it and dump it.  They will probably come back and
check it again in a year if they dump it.  even that exposure is good.

John Griessen

--
Ecosensory
tinyOS devel on:  ubuntu Linux;   tinyOS v2.0.2;   telosb ecosens1