gEDA-user: Marketing gEDA - was - Re: Professional PCB help using geda?

>> Duncan Drennan wrote:
>> <SNIP>
>> I think John Luciani has pretty much
>> demonstrated that this is possible with a
>> bit of work. All that now needs to happen is
>> for people to start adopting gEDA - but that
>> is a whole different story, which requires
>> strong marketing.

 >> <SNIP>

> John Griessen wrote:
> <SNIP>
> I think marketing is needed to deal with the
> image oriented way most people function in
> the world.  Such as asking for professional
> help.  Help with an image.
>
> Without some kind of image creation effort on
> our part, we are left with the image of "good
> luck...hah!", and we will be lucky to get even
> small engineering companies to adopt gEDA
> tools.
> <SNIP>

I am excluding myself from the following
collective question as I am only new here.

But do the gEDA people in general WANT
marketing to new users at the moment ?  Do
you think the gEDA suite is polished enough to
keep newcomers happy.  Are the experienced
users going to get fed up with answering
questions from new users?

I am probably in a good position to push others
in the direction of using gEDA but I am not
sure how many people would take the push and
not give up.