Re: gEDA-user: Marketing gEDA - was - Re: Professional PCB help using geda?

On 9/6/07, andrewm wrote:
> I am probably in a good position to push others
> in the direction of using gEDA but I am not
> sure how many people would take the push and
> not give up.

Well, I've started some work on providing gEDA on a livecd.
I've a development release on torrent :
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FedoraElectronicLab
Stable Release will be out soon on november. (check my blog for updates)

If people are willing to market gEDA, please do spread the word.

If one wants to create his/her own livecd with gEDA, follow:
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com/2007/09/creating-his-fedora-electronic-lab.html
In less than one hour, one will have his/her own livecd.

If one has some phrases/paragraphs/text in order to market gEDA,
please mail them to me. I'm working on a OOO presentations about
opensource EDA on linux. Then anyone can even use those slides. Thus I
can use fedora ambassadors to go and talk during various linux events
worldwide.

Most of the time, opensource EDA are left out during big linux events.

regards,

Chitlesh
PS: suggestions and recommendations on the livecd are welcome (I got
roughly 40mb left to fill)
PS: this livecd entails the previous version of gEDA, but Fedora users
have already the latest version among their updates.
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com