Re: gEDA-user: Library of gnucap and ngspice compatible models?

Hi DJ and all,

On Mon, 2009-09-21 at 21:01 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > No need to remember two sets of update commands anymore...
>
> Or perhaps some form of blog app?  I wonder which, if any, would work
> for this type of data and user base.

I think that gschem symbols in a git repository would be Really Cool
(TM). I would even join in on the fun. See
http://github.com/bert/gschem-symbols

This way *every* symbol in the repository can be corrected (improved),
or broken by other users (use "git blame" here), and all symbols can be
thrown into one directory to avoid name clashes.

I would recommend users to keep a crontab job running to git pull or
(git fetch) every day or so, to keep up to date.

Maybe similar repositories for "pcb-footprints", "tools",
"spice-models", and whatnot.

Just my EUR 0.02 on the matter.

BTW: the blog stuff for symbols should be in the commit message :) or on
the geda-user mailing list if the content is on topic.
If one thinks he/she has something to share, share it with the whole
list or put it into a repository.

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.