Re: gEDA-user: PCB Renumber Was/Is Once Again

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 07:45:23 +0100, andrew whyte wrote:

>  I use different schematic pages for each section of my pcb.  Then
> use  "refdes_renum  --pgskip" on the schematics, this makes the
> schematics on each page start with that pagenumber.

With a hierarchical set of schematics gsch2pcb can do this trick on the
fly. Set the name of the subsheet symbols to the page number and add the
following options in gEDA/gnetlistrc:

(hierarchy-uref-mangle "enabled")
(hierarchy-uref-separator "")

Coincidentally, this mangling is a major hurdle for a general back
annotation script. It would have to backengineer the mangling by looking
at the hierarchy.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak