Re: gEDA-user: Using the power instead of fighting it

Peter Clifton wrote:
> Ok, stop it guys, this is just too painful.
>

> I just lost a whole toolbox full of lovely (high quality) new tools.
>
> They were on board the wave-rig I've spent the last 3 years working on -
> when it capsized last week... oops. (I was also on board some minutes
> before it went over!).

Was it the Trident wave test rig?

Regardless, I'm glad you weren't injured.  I sincerely hope that there
were no injuries or fatalities.

> I'm looking on all of this in the context of how trivial gEDA/gaf is
> compared to $real_world. A number of people (including myself) are lucky
> to be alive and uninjured after the wave rig went down.

Completely agree.

I've survived a pair of personal tragedies myself, of the life-changing
kind.  Makes it easier to not pay attention to geda-user when the
ranting gets underway--- but unfortunately makes it easier to stay away
long enough to not notice when the ranting is over.

> Perhaps I'm still not that well adjusted on what matters though - I'm
> still more brothered about my lost tools than $scary_experience. ;)

:)

Beware, the adjustment may come upon you when you least expect it.  I
can say that from personal experience.

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff