Re: gEDA-user: Using the power instead of fighting it

Ok, stop it guys, this is just too painful.

> > pieces just don't work together very well.  The mess of issues that
> > arise between gschem and PCB are perhaps the most discussed, but all
> > the parts I've had occasion to use feel more like a random collection
> > of tools than a proper toolset - one size Phillips screwdriver, a
> > couple of flat blades but none really small or really large, a hacksaw
> > blade but you have to make your own frame for it...  The individual
> > parts are good quality, but...

I just lost a whole toolbox full of lovely (high quality) new tools.

They were on board the wave-rig I've spent the last 3 years working on -
when it capsized last week... oops. (I was also on board some minutes
before it went over!).

At some point the lost work and effort will dawn on me - for now I'm
just cross about my lost tools.

It is nice to see that some of the gEDA community is still out there and
active, but I don't think this thread is going to aid development effort
nor uptake by new users.

By all means, help people who want to learn a "make" based work flow..
but keep to the technical specifics - and direct it towards those who
want to learn.

For me, please...

	** No more analogies which will remind me of my lost tools. **
	** No more ranting - life is too short.                     **

I'm looking on all of this in the context of how trivial gEDA/gaf is
compared to $real_world. A number of people (including myself) are lucky
to be alive and uninjured after the wave rig went down.

Perhaps I'm still not that well adjusted on what matters though - I'm
still more brothered about my lost tools than $scary_experience. ;)

All the best,

--
Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx>