Re: gEDA-user: test repo

Bob Paddock wrote:

> Outside of our group here gEDA/PCB/Et.Al. are seen as toys and hard
> to use.  Maybe we should all asks ourselves why?

Part of the reason may be seen on youtube. Yesterday, I was surprised
to see a number of geda/PCB tutorials there. I watched only a few. All
of them made schematic capture look difficult and an enduring task. It
was not that the commentator directly sad so, but because there were
so many steps involved before a result was visible. There were major
misconceptions, too. E.g., one author insists, you have to be root to
change symbols in the lib...

Looks like, the lesson to be learned here is: Us power users should engage
and write better tutorials and make them visible. Upload videos on youtube
blog about it, write articles in Make Magazine, etc.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Email: kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx