Re: gEDA-user: why some skip KiCAD and gEDA

> I truly believe that you have to take the strict viewpoint of the hardware
> designers who will be the majority of users -- and not sit back as a
> programmer --- when it comes to laying out a reasonable User Interface for
> an EDA Tool. The OrCad tool was a prime example of this.

I gave a set of labs at DevCon to Windows-based hardware engineers.
The environment was 100% Fedora + gEDA.  They had no problem doing the
common tasks, and never saw a text terminal.

Perhaps we need to wipe out all the old docs and tutorials and start
from scratch?  Getting new users started with the "right" set of
expectations and shortcuts might make a huge impact on first
impressions.