Re: gEDA-user: why some skip KiCAD and gEDA

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 9:32 AM, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> 2.  The scales of symbols and borders in existing libraries needs to
>> be workable for A size or letter size paper "out of the box".  And
>> the beginner mode should have a create new drawing button that
>> encapsulates this.
>
> There is no such fixed scale in gschem.  Any schematic will fit on any
> size page, gschem always scales to fit.  My library has a range of
> title boxes that are all proportioned the same but various sizes
> relative to the parts, I just pick the one that fits around the
> circuit.

I read this comment to mean that the relative scale of the default
titlebox and default symbol library should be such that if you print a
page contained within the titleblock out on an A/letter size paper,
the symbols are a reasonable size.  I don't have time to check now,
but iirc, the default titlebox is way to small for size of the default
symbols (I replaced the default titlebox with my own bigger one on
probably the second day of using gschem).

Jared