Re: gEDA-user: why some skip KiCAD and gEDA

Jared Casper wrote:

> I read this comment to mean that the relative scale of the default
> titlebox and default symbol library should be such that if you print
> a page contained within the titleblock out on an A/letter size paper,
> the symbols are a reasonable size.  I don't have time to check now,
> but iirc, the default titlebox is way to small for size of the
> default symbols (I replaced the default titlebox with my own bigger
> one on probably the second day of using gschem).

My solution: A titleblock symbol that is really just that. A box, which
contains the title, date, version and author, to be printed on the bottom
of a page. Because these are global attributes, they can be edited wholesale
with the attribute editing dialog. But the symbol includes no frame.

I draw the frame after the fact to fit the schematic. The ability to expand
on demand is handy, if the circuit needs some more components.

http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/kai_martin_knaak/symbols/titleblock/title-block.sym

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak