Re: gEDA-user: CERN goes for KiCAD

Again with you:

El 07/09/11 17:58, John Hudak escribió:
    Um, with all due respect....I don't consider myself 'simple
    minded'....I am a professional EE, been working in this industry for a
    [...]

    If you believe that, you are seriously deluding yourselves. I came
    across posts from two university instructors who gave up using the
    tools (I would not consider them 'simple minded').  In a nutshell, user
    frustration got the best of them.
    I gave one of my summer students the job of trying to use
    gschem+pcb....he plain gave up b/c of inefficient use of his time.  So,
    while this is a small sample, it may be wise to consider these issues
    as the project moves forward.
    OK, well sorry about the critical posts - it is not personal.  If I
    violated protocol, I apologize.
    Some insightful ppl made some very good observations about the CERN
    situation...perhaps those observations may lead to changes for the
    good.

In this line of think, I remember a Sport premise that, if you permit, I use how analogy:

You need a 100 sport practicying people to get a 10 federate people (asocied to a federation, I'm not sure how works in other countryes) to get a 1 professional.

If gEDA make run potencial users, how to gain a 1 developer/document writer/etc.?

(In something past threads I discuss with other people in this list about this.)

My english is ugly, I hope that you can understand I say.

Best regards.

Salud y Revolución.

Lobo.
--
Libertad es poder elegir en cualquier momento. Ahora yo elijo GNU/Linux,
para no atar mis manos con las cadenas del soft propietario.