Re: gEDA-user: coding style

On 09/18/2011 11:04 PM, Andrew Poelstra wrote:
Well, C itself doesn't seem to be used too much outside of>  10 year
old code. Nowadays the language du jour seems to be Python, and C is
only used for library-type projects that want many language bindings.

For "web apps" and other "trendy" stuff, yes, but otherwise I couldn't disagree more. I'm sure it has more to do with one's environment than anything else. At my (what passes for a) job right now, everything is C, Java, or Lua, with a smattering of FORTRAN for numerics.

IMHO everything should be Lisp. ;)

  I agree. :)

            -Dave

--