Re: GraphThing 1.3 released!

David Symonds <dsymonds@xxxxxxxxx> (07/09/2006):
> It just occurred to me that symlinks are used when "make dist" is run,
> but that won't put symlinks in the tarball. config.h shouldn't be
> removed by "make clean", but there should probably be a "make
> distclean" that would remove it. Nevertheless, config.h should *not*
> be in a source distribution of any kind, since it's generated by
> ./configure.
Hi again,

yes I confirm I had this after missing up ``make clean'' and ``make
dist'' (the packaging tool I'm using uses ``make distclean'' to clean up
the build tree).

Speaking of ``distclean'' rule, maybe adding such a rule could be a good
idea? Even if it only depends on the ``clean'' rule.

ATM, the only things in my debian/rules file (package makefile) are:
> #!/usr/bin/make -f
> include /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/debhelper.mk
> include /usr/share/cdbs/1/class/autotools.mk
>
> clean::
>         make clean

Because the (magic) included makefiles call ``make distclean'', so I've
got to add ``make clean'' by hand. That's absolutely not a problem, but
maybe some other users would want to ``make distclean''. That's up to
you. :-)

Cheers, and sorry again for the initial flood. I guess I've terminated
with my ``debugging''. ;-)

--
Cyril