Re: [kidsgames] Re: the younger set

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Rob wrote:

> I don't have any links handy

I just went to google.com and put in "linux text story engine" and many
interesting things developed.  This one

http://www.hex.net/~cbbrowne/computinggames.html

may prove useful as it as several of the engines listed.

>but I was going to check out a text story engine
> for games called "HUGO".

I didn't find HUGO but I didn't check all the links.

> I was going to see if it would work for history
> lessons along the line of the commercial game "Oregon Trail". From what I know
> of it and similar engines it can be text only or text with a 1/4 page picture.
> I image these could also be used for interactive fiction story's. I got the idea
> from an article on slash-dot and there are  plenty of links there.
> Robert

:)

Don't forget the search engines as well...

Jeff

-
kidgames@smluc.org  -- To get off this list send "unsubscribe" in the
body of a message to majordomo@smluc.org