Re: Is this list still alive?

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 10:18:21AM -0600, Steve Baker wrote:

> I'm concerned that people are NOT buying Loki games in the volumes you'd
> expect.

That reminds me; I've been meaning to buy Heretic II for some time now.
So I've just ordered a copy from a local reseller.  After that I'm waiting
for Loki to finish their Dues Ex port and Hyperion to finish their SiN port.

Anyway on the subject of Linux Game Development...

I'm a lone developer working on a game that looks like it is never going
to be finished.  I've dismissed the idea of getting together with other
developers because no one else, even the people who aren't looking for
more programmers, is working on the sort of thing I'm want to do.
And to get my game finished this side of the first manned mars landing
I do not need other programmers.  I need level designers, 2d graphics
artists, 3d model artists and animators.

I've spent the last 3 months failing to motivate myself to do a walk
animation.

While I'm here can anyone help me with a programming type problem I have.
The game is a 3d third person type affair.  You control a character model
that walks around a landscape with simple key controls.  The landscape
is divided up with a 2d grid.  Within each square of the landscape is an
arbitrary collection of triangles.  How do I tell when the character has
walked into a wall before half the model has been embedded into it?

--
Christopher John Purnell  | A friend in need's a friend in deed
http://www.lost.org.uk/   | A friend with weed is better