Re: Is this list still alive?

Joel Utting wrote:

> > I would say that the content creation part (design, mapping, art,
> > scripting, etc) wouldn't do very good in bazaar-style teamwork, but that
> > engine work can (and did, look at CrystalSpace) go a long way.
>
> Crystal Space is really a library, so its a little different then just
> someone writing a single game ; but it has been going a long time now...
>
> Content creation I'm unsure about - it could work in a bazaar, but maybe
> this would make it quite difficult ; anyone have any experience of group
> artistry over the internet for free games ?

Yes, exactly my thoughts. I don't really know for the content creation.
Maybe some people can manage, but it would require a good management and
clear separation of parts and someone to provide an overall vision.

> > Time for another shameless plug: if you want good and high performance
> > modularity, consider XPLC! http://xplc.sourceforge.net/
>
> I just checked it out of CVS - it seems very interesting ; how close is
> it to being usable ?

Right now it can be used within a single binary (no good dynamic
uncommitted stuff already, so you can expect something good pretty soon.

--
"The number of Unix installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
 -- The Unix Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June 1972