Re: [tor-talk] tor project website change

On 4/5/19, Kevin Simper <kevin.simper@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think the website is good,

If they'd fix the download link on
https://www.torproject.org/download/ it would be a lot better.

> I felt before that it left out newcomers that
> didn't know what torbrowser was already, so much was going on that it would
> confuse people that just have heard others mention tor browser and want to
> check it out.

It seems to me that newcomers are the ones that most need warnings
instead of a blanket
   Protect yourself against tracking, surveillance, and censorship.

but I don't see anything there about tbb not defaulting to a safer config
  https://2019.www.torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#TBBJavaScriptEnabled

and is this still be an open problem?
  https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/4x3qnj/how-the-nsa-or-anyone-else-can-crack-tors-anonymity

But tor needs 'covering traffic' and .. what?  They don't want to
scare people away?
  https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/07/dear-nsa-privacy-fundamental-right-not-reasonable-suspicion

> I think there is still space for more nerdy pages and I think anyone is
> allowed to create such a page if they want +1
>
> The only thing I am missing is some call to actions for different parts of
> the website when you have done scrolling to the bottom of the page 😄

I'm missing a link for downloading tor.

Regards,
Lee