Re: [tor-talk] http://torbrowser.sourceforge.net

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012, at 20:11, A. Megas wrote:
> My turn.

Cool! We're having a contest!

> You're insinuating that some dark conspiracy is at work with Dooble.
> Dooble

This is a Straw Man Fallacy. Check it out on the web, although you might
be using it on purpose. I was not insinuating. I was stating. I never
said conspiracy. I wrote scam. I have nothing with yet another lame
browser attempt. I'd like to see a lightweight (like Webkit, or better)
privacy oriented engine. Repacks of the same three engines over and over
again only make a mess because each repack (you call it a browser I
assume) comes with another version. Which makes the excuse used by
Randolph (if I recall well) âit's not our problem, it's Webkit'sâ
weaseling. Version 1.01 of the âbrowserâ has a Webkit version. Version
1.02 might have another. And another âbrowserâ packs yet a third patch.
From this standpoint Firefox is the cleanest.

> isn't a scam. It's a Web browser with real users, real feedback, and real
> goals. It's one thing when you harass other projects that intend to use

What's that with real users? Opera Mini is a mobile browser with mobile
users as opposed to your ârealâ users?

Again, the Straw Man Fallacy. You can have as many browsers around as
many engines you like. Most people do not care about their privacy. And
are ready to use HTTP over their mobile phone. On the other hand, Tor
has another issue. Check out the real Tor pages. Those people can be
harmed for a leak in privacy.

> or
> misuse it (or misrepresent it) and another when you're attacking
> something
> you don't understand. Dooble doesn't profit from any advertisements or

ClichÃ: attacking something you don't understand. So there is one pack
audited for security and with quite some following which is QUITE safe.
And another labeled just like the first yet a basement project of a
couple of men I don't know. In all this silly debate I have never seen
some names. Who handles security? Is it prof. X at the University of
LaLaLand? Is it long time security speaker Y? Or the hacker who patched
the weird 898989 bug into Firefox? No. I've read about yet another scam
of using the name of a well known developer who, isn't it amazing? has
nothing to do with your project.

> special interests. I don't have some suits directing me and I don't live

Does not profit from this or that is dust thrown in the eyes of the
audience. Does not profit because it's a marginal project. I would like
to see that after it passes 15% usage rates. And with some documents,
statements. Not just rhetorics.

> in
> some hive either. Your belligerent attitude is mundane and pointless. You

Yet you answer without touching the points.

> ought to properly address your complaints and anger to the
> torbrowser.sf.netproject. As I've written on another Tor mailing list,

It's not anger. But, come to think about it should be. As I have a
feeling none of you involved with this project will take responsability
for the victims in case there would be proof.

> Dooble doesn't
> require Tor's blessing. Dooble is free software that is continuously
> improving. Have some manners. I don't care if it's unfit for Tor. I

Than why are you here?

> didn't
> design and implement Dooble for Tor. Again, contact the respective
> project
> and offer constructive criticisms.

I was amazed by this one. I have checked what I've sent. It was not for
the Dooble development team. It was not for the Dooble mailing list. It
was not sent to you. Maybe I have some weird kind of virus that adds
names to my To: field. Can you help me with that? Whom else, besides the
tor list has received my email?

Also, would you care documenting yourself about the use of email? The
answer doesn't come on top. Unless you care about people reading you and
optionally reading the other. Also, the message should be trimmed from
the waste. Leaving the tor list signature might mean you were so
preocupied with crafting your message you haven't noticed that. As it
might also mean you don't care so much about the appearance of your
emails. Which probably means you are one of the best people to point out
the lack of manners.

Cheers