Re: [tor-talk] http://torbrowser.sourceforge.net

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012, at 03:21, A. Megas wrote:
> As for leaking IP information, we work with a framework (Qt) that has
> issues and limitations. Every release of Dooble includes detailed
> information covering all of the fixes and improvements.
>
> Thanks.

So the package is unfit. As most people who risk their lives by using
Tor are not English native speakers all these warnings should be written
in big red letters above all the junk about how nicely it can encrypt
the cache. This debate sounds like the wonderful Hide My Ass service. It
was never written âwe do keep logs that we are going to give to the
first to askâ. They wrote anonymity on all pages. They never pushed the
service as a way to skip the filters on Hulu. If they would say that HMA
would be a honest service. But, as this Dooble bundle, it's a scam.
Worse, it can be a corporate paid honeypot. On one hand Vodafone
voluntarily blocked Internet trafic in Egypt at the same time pushing
mails in at least 3 countries to their employees that the totalitarian
Mubarak regime forced them to do it. Talking again and again about a
beta webkit, about how there is a bug report and so on stinks like a
Vodafone type of move and not a couple of guys having a hard time
understanding what's the issue.

Cheers