Re: [OFF LIST] Re: attempt from Taiwan to connect to my privoxy port

On 12/16/2009 04:52 AM, grarpamp wrote:
 > And of course everyone knows the Chinese boogeymen are probing the
> hell out of US address space. Oh wait, so are the Brazilians and
> the Romanians and the... ;) Why just the other day I was feeling
> lonely and sent out about 16M 'illegitimate' pings to some random/8
> just to see who said hello.

The terms I continue to hear from military organizations are "weaponized
icmp", "weaponized tcp", and "weaponized probing".

I don't really know how one can take an icmp packet and determine if
it's weaponized or innocent, but it's quite the dichotomy that's being
created.  Interestingly, most of these people don't think tor is
weaponized.  For whatever that means.

--
Andrew Lewman
The Tor Project