Re: Question for Job and others / was: Re: Tor and Thunderbird: Outgoing Email Unsafe?

Hello George,

I understand your point of view. Indeed, I am not a US resident and therefor not limited by US law.
I live in The Netherlands where privacy is still much more of an issue and -for example- downloading(but not uploading) of music etc is legal.(so are soft-drugs, abortion and gay marriage btw)
The Dutch are far from repressed i think ;)
The way you describe it makes it sound a bit shady I think. My reasons for wanting my emails to be anonymous is not because of harassment or spam. Actually i wouldn't even know how to send spam.
The concern -for me- is not one related to my ISP as I don't anything to violate their policies or break laws and actually i am not using an obscure email account (yet).
I want to offer my future clients the option of contacting me and me contacting them without for example the receivers spouse, family, friends or boss being able to trace anything due to the nature of the service I will provide as this is related to topics that are highly personal. Unfortunately I cant elaborate on this too much due to the exact same reasons. The most I can share with anyone at this point is that its in the field of Psychology. This causes me to be able to offer a level of service that from the receivers side is totally untraceable or near untraceable( however, like i stated before, i DO want them to be able to contact me too) That is also why i am not very concerned about the traces left on my own computer as these are not accessible by the significant others of the client. I want to make the barrier to take that first step to get into contact as low as possible. The anonymous email is just part of the privacy I want to offer but since I am just looking into the online anonymity option and I am new at Tor this seems to be a good place to start and look for extra information.

Best,
Job