Re: [tor-talk] Accepting Java

On 7/12/2011 10:13 AM, Max wrote:
Is there something specific I need to do to make Thunderbirds'connections go through TOR?
Same as in Firefox (or that Torbutton does, if using that).
Go to Tools>Options>Advanced>Network & Disk Space>Settings. Screen looks same as Firefox's. If Manual Proxy settings aren't already filled in, AFAIK, use same as Torbutton uses in normal Firefox (or in Tor Browser).

I forgot to ask. How do I actually check if Thunderbird is going through TOR? I have setup so it works with firefox but there's a check site for that.
Don't know about a check site for Tbird. You could look in your firewall's log & see what address Tbird is accessing. I'm sure there are other ways - I've never done it for an email client.

There may even be an addon for Tbird that would tell you.

FYI, there is a topic on the Tor project / help site, "How to torrify applications." Thunderbird is listed w/ some basic instructions.